[WING HEAD: COMMISSIONER (Flood Management)]
(A) DIVISIONAL HEAD: SENIOR JOINT COMMISSIONER-I
1. Secretariat work of
o Indo-Bangladesh Joint River Commission (JRC) headed by Union Minister of Water Resources.
o Joint Committee of Experts (JCE) headed by Secretary (WR) for sharing of the available water resource
common to India and Bangladesh.
o Standing Committee of JRC headed by Commissioner (Ganga) for dealing with embankments and river
training works on the Border Rivers.
2. Implementation of Treaty on the sharing of Ganga/Ganges waters at Farakka during the lean season signed in 1996 through
o Joint Committee headed by Commissioner (Ganga) to oversee the implementation of the Treaty
o Arrangements for Joint observations at Farakka (India) and Hardinge Bridge (Bangladesh) on river
Ganga as per provisions of the Treaty.
3. Coordination of Indo-Bangladesh cooperation programme on flood forecasting.
4. Clearance of multipurpose major/medium irrigation project in Ganga, Basins from international (JRC) angle.
5. Farakka Barrage Project related matters-Technical Matters;
6. RTI matters pertaining to Flood Management Wing.
(B) DIVISIONAL HEAD: SENIOR JOINT COMMISSIONER-II
1. Implementation of State Sector Scheme “ Flood Management Programme” in the country.
2. Implementation of Central Sector Scheme “River Management Activities and Works related to Border Areas”
3. Implementation of Central Sector Scheme ‘Flood Forecasting’
4. Monitoring of flood situation in the country
5. Expert Committees / Task Forces / Working Groups on Flood Management
6. Flood management matters related to National Disaster Management Authority Matters.
(C) DIVISIONAL HEAD: SENIOR JOINT COMMISSIONER-III
1. India-Nepal Matters
o Joint Committee on Water Resources (JCWR) headed by Secretary (WR).
o Implementation of Mahakali Treaty on the “Integrated Development of the Mahakali River including Sarda
Barrage, Tanakpur Barrage and Pancheswar Project”.
o Matters related to India Nepal joint projects including Pancheswar Multipurpose Project, Sapta Kosi High Dam Multipurpose Project and Sunkosi Storage cum Diversion Scheme, Namure Hydroelectric Project, etc.
o Matters relating to inundation problems on Indo-Nepal border.
o Implementation of “Flood Forecasting and Warning System on rivers common to India and Nepal” including matters relating to India Nepal Standing Committee on Flood Forecasting.
2. Establishment matters of Ganga Flood Control Commission.
3. Release of hydrological data of Ganga Basin to various organizations.
(D) DIVISIONAL HEAD: SENIOR JOINT COMMISSIONER-IV
1. Technical Matters pertaining to Upper Yamuna River Board and Upper Yamuna Review Committee.
2. Implementation of Memorandum of Understanding on sharing of Yamuna water signed in 1994 between the States of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh and NCT of Delhi.
3. Matters related to raw Water Supply to Delhi.
4. Issues in implementation of Renuka, Kishau and Lakhwar-Vyasi dams in Yamuna basin.
5. General matters of Ganga Basin.
6. Nodal Officer e-Governance for Flood Management Wing
7. RTI matters pertaining to Flood Management Wing.